2013年11月29日 星期五

Galactic Moustaches By legallynailed


Today I've got another review for KKCenterHK! I love stamping plates so I decided to try this cutemoustache/lips one!! KKCenterHK also provided me with their scraper and stamper set to try.

I wanted to try re-create a kinda hipster-ish mani, like so....

Source: favim.com

So I started off with a pastel galaxy mani! I used Sinful Colors Cinderella as my base colour (i.e. blue), then I sponged on Essence Naughty and Pink, Essence A Lovely Secret and finally, Essence Wanna Be Your Sunshine to create nebulas. Basically you just wanna create sponged lines going across or in circles or whatever really. Finally, I picked up OPI Alpine Snow and used my dotting tool to create random stars. And then, I topped it all off with a coat of China Glaze Fairy Dust to give that added sparkle.



Pictured here is my right-hand after I kinda destroyed the mani on my left-hand... TADAH


Not THAT bad right?? Anyway, I kinda struggled using this stamper plate + scraper/stamp combination. Typically, I use my Konad stamp which is double-sided. It comes with a normal stamp (like the KKCenter one) and a smaller stamp on the other end. Because my nails are sooooooo morbidly child-like, I have to use the small one for accuracy purposes. The KKCenter stamp was wayyy to big for my nails so when I tried to stamp on the image, it was totally off center because it is difficult to gauge when the stamp is way bigger than your nail. But that's my own weird problem. If you have normal-sized nails, this should work fine for you! I prefer the plastic scraper over my metal Konad one in fact, cos it scrapes off the excess polish a lot more easily.


Moving on to the actual stamping plate, it wasn't cut deep enough so it was a bit difficult to get the whole image transferred onto my stamp/nail. It took a few tries to get a marginally complete image. Actually, I find this to be a problem for a lot of brands of stamping plates. So far, the only plates that do not have this problem are my Konad plates (I have 3 of them)! I once bought a stamping plate from Qoo10 for dirt cheap but the quality was horrendous. I think the quality of the KKCenter plate is slightly poorer than the DRK one I have. Could probably get better results with a bit more practice!


Because I botched up the images, I took my black striper to touch up and also add some random moustaches here and there.


Anyway, remember to use the code "LNAILED" to get a 10% discount off KKCenterHK!



Thank you, legallynailed
Check out legallynailed blog
http://legallynailed.blogspot.sg/2013/11/galactic-moustaches.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言