2011年4月15日 星期五

AMW Version: "Color Blocking" Look By askmewhats

Hi everyone, I am a tiny bit proud of myself as I am able to do one version a week!  YAY!  *clap clap clap*  Well thanks to readers who are so sweet to request for it, I never thought it would give impact to you!  I am glad it did and I am glad I was able to brighten your day even on the cyber world! 
Like I said over the past "AMW Version: Twiggy Inspired Summer-Ready Makeup", I will be doing a series of summer related make-up for those enjoying the summer!  Of  course, technically, less is always the best on a hot summer day!  This tutorial is probably best to do on summer parties you need to attend!
In fashion, Color Blocking is quite famous and I've seen models and actors/actresses wearing the Color-Blocking styles.  
Color blocking refers to using 2 or more colors complementing each other in a creative way!  Imagine the costume of Spiderman?  Well, I am not doing Spiderman-inspired make-up but something more summery...blues and purples....

 AMW Diagram

Step 1: 
Apply MAC shadesticks in Beige-ing as base.

Pat on Ulta's Deep Sea eyeshadow all over the lids going beyond the crease.


Step 2:
Flip the same flat shader brush, apply PAC Pearly Blue (my favorite bright blue eyeshadow to date) on the crease area going 1cm beyond.  Add as much as you want  and use a blending brush to gently blend in Ulta's Deep Sea shade and PAC's Pearly Blue shade.


Step 3:
To enhance the brightness of the blue eyeshadows, I apply white pearly eyeshadow on the outer corner, below the brows with Majolica Majorca BR742 palette.  Use the same color to apply the inner lower lashline for a bright look.

 
Step 4:
Using a pencil brush, I applied Milani's Shock eyeshadow on the lower lashline.

Step 5:
Create black eyeliner on the upper lash line with Revlon's ColorStay Liquid Liner in Black.  

Step 6:
To make the eyes pop even more, apply Lancome's Le Crayon Kohl Pencil in Aqua.
 

 Applied A10 falsies from KKCenterHK
Used Sassy Brush-on Eyelash Glue
(lashes are very soft  and feels so light)
Filled in my brows with powder brow powder


My Color Blocking look for the week :)


 What's on the rest of my face?


For the Face:
Majolica Majorca Skin Remaker Pore Cover SPF18
 
 On Cheeks:
Stila Illuminating Finishing Powder in Bronze

 On Lips:
Prepped my lips with Kiehl's LipBalm #1
MAC's Pink Nouveau

Wear that huge smile and I'm showing my smiley baby as well!
Yes, it has been awhile Smiley Baby wasn't able to show up!
How do you wear your summer makeup?

Keep smilin'
Stay happy!




Thank you, askmewhats
Check out askmewhats blog

http://www.askmewhats.com/2011/04/amw-version-color-blocking-look.html

沒有留言:

張貼留言